According to national statistics National Sickie Day 2020 is the first Monday in February and the day when people are most likely to pull a sickie.
Here are some excuses you may want to use for National Sickie Day 2020:
- I can’t come in today because my flatmates took my door handle off and I can’t get out.
- All of my work clothes are wet so I can’t make it in today.
- I’ve managed to secure a parking space outside my house and I can’t risk losing it.
- Goats got into my garden.
- I’m stuck in the bathroom. (These pesky doors!)
- My mum was hoovering the stairs and I couldn’t get past.
- My hamster’s poorly.
- Death of a distant relative (often found out later to be very much alive).
- My trousers split on the way in.
- I swallowed a hot sausage last night and it burnt my throat so badly I can’t breathe today.